Subject: Re: [boost] How to use BCP
From: Guilherme Kunigami (kunigami.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-16 09:40:52

Hi, thanks for your answer.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 9:01 AM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> First, I issued the following bcp command to copy the required libraries
>> /boost_minimal/boost
>>
>> find /path/to/my/app | xargs {} bcp --scan {} /boost_minimal
>>
>> As Voorhees said, no building script is copied.
>>

> By default bcp copies source files, but not Boost.Build, you can get
> Boost.Build as well with a:
>
> bcp build /boost_minimal

> Unfortunately, someone has added a new vital build file (boostcpp) to root
> which doesn't get copied.... I'll fix that in bcp.

This command also does not copy bootstrap.*. Am I missing another command?

> In my case, I manually
>> copied all files at the root of the original directory and the tools
>> directory. Then I ran
>>
>> ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/some/dir
>> ./bjam
>> ./bjam install
>>
>> It generated headers in /some/dir/include, but no libraries in
>> /some/dir/lib, which would happen if I did this on the original boost dir.
>> guess I'm missing some step when copying the build files to boost_minimal.
>>

> Not necessarily: is there actually anything for it to build? Remember a
> lot of Boost is header only - which libraries are you missing?

I think so, bcp copied filesystem, regex, python and thread.

Actually, I was using --boost=<path to boost include/libs>. Changing it to
--boost=<path to boost sources> made the libs dir to be copied too.

But now I'm getting a build error:

error: Unable to find file or target named
error: '../../filesystem/build//boost_filesystem'
error: referred from project at
error: 'libs/wave/build'

It seems the build script is missing something or did I miss some step?

Thanks,