Subject: Re: [boost] The Lonely Song of the MPL Maintainer -- or Boost support for antediluvian compiler and the future supprot of C++11
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-16 09:59:01

<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> so why not leave the existing MPL
>> alone and start over?
>
> Is there any reason a variadic MPL would have a different interface?
> I.e. could we have a clean MPL'11 with the same interface, and leave
> the old workarounds to rot?

There's a "mostly" variadic mpl here:

  http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/boost/mpl/

which works with a later g++ compiler (> 4.5 I think) which does
"leave the old > workarounds" by just using another compiler flag,
-I<variadic_templates> (where <variadic_templates> is the above
directory), in front of other -I flags (including the one to the
non-variadic boost) to get the variadic version of the mpl templates.
I say "mostly" because the compiler does use the non-variadic mpl
files if they're not found in the variadic boost directory.

The <variadic_template>/boost/mpl directory does have a few new
templates, such as those in:

  fold_assoc*.hpp

which are meant to mimic those in haskell, and:

  while.hpp

which does what the filename suggests.

HTH.

-regards,