Subject: [boost] Intel compiler and Boost libraries
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-19 22:04:03

I normally do not mind paying for software that much but because of the
tight economic times for myself I am a bit loth to pay for a version of
the Intel C++ compiler, which is not exactly cheap, in order to just
test out my Boost libraries. Ordinarily I can use gcc in Linux and
Windows, clang on Linux, or VC++ on Windows. But I am aware that the
more compilers I can test my libraries with, the better off my library
will be and in the review of my TTI library one of the points made is
that I need to test it and guarantee that it will work on a wider
variety of C++ compilers.

I am wondering how others have come by their copies of Intel C++ ? Have
you bought it, have you gotten it on some sort of academic pricing, have
you acquired a license as part of your job, does Intel offer an
inexpensive or free version of their compiler for C++ experts like Boost
developers who are helping to test their compiler against the most
rigorous C++ code as Boost libraries usually are, or what is the
situation for others who test their libraries using Intel C++ ?

I realize there is a 30-day free trial but after that 30 days one can
not use the compiler for a particular OS without having a valid license
for it.