Subject: [boost] [review] Conversion review starts today
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-20 00:45:09
The review of Vicente Botet Escriba's Conversion library starts today and ends August 29.
The Conversion library manages generic explicit conversion between unrelated types. It can be thought of as a substitute for overloading static_cast, or as an alternative to lexical_cast when conversion via text is unwanted.
The code is available here:
And the documentation is here:
Alternately, you can download a compressed package here:
Reviews may answer the following questions:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any problems?
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library? Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't obscure your overall opinion.
Of course, "informal reviews" and discussion are also welcome.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk