Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: Singularity
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-22 17:15:59

On 08/22/2011 09:33 AM, Ben Robinson wrote:

> I would like to thank the Boost community for their invaluable feedback
> regarding the features and implementation details of Singularity. I have
> compiled and run Singularity on 4 different compilers: GCC 4.5, MSVC++ 2010,
> the Texas Instruments CL2000 compiler targeting the 2803x processor, and the
> Green Hills compiler targeting the Cortex-A8 ARM processor.

If I could give you a few suggestions:

replace calls to throw by BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION to allow compilation
with -fno-exceptions

Another suggestion would be to add support for compilers that support
rvalue references but not variadic templates.

Apart from that I'm afraid I don't really see the point of this against

struct my_singleton
{
private:
     my_singleton() {}
     my_singleton(const my_singleton&);

public:
     static my_singleton& instance()
     {
         static my_singleton ins;
         return ins;
     }
};

which is simple, short, fast to compile, and thread-safe.