Subject: [boost] Review Request: Singularity
From: Ben Robinson (icaretaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-22 03:33:20

Hello,

This is a request for a formal review of Singularity, for inclusion into
Boost. The submission is attached as a compressed zip file, and is also
publicly available for download from GitHub at
https://github.com/icaretaker/Singularity.

The Singularity Design Pattern allows you to restrict any class to a single
instance. Unlike the infamous Singleton, Singularity gives you direct
control over the lifetime of the object, does not require you to grant
global access to the object, nor does it limit you to the default
constructor for that object.

I would like to thank the Boost community for their invaluable feedback
regarding the features and implementation details of Singularity. I have
compiled and run Singularity on 4 different compilers: GCC 4.5, MSVC++ 2010,
the Texas Instruments CL2000 compiler targeting the 2803x processor, and the
Green Hills compiler targeting the Cortex-A8 ARM processor.

Thank you,

Ben Robinson, Ph.D.

P.S. I have also implemented Singularity in C++11 using variadic templates
and rvalue references to achieve perfect function forwarding. These source
files are located in the /cpp11 subdirectory, but that is not part of the
submission, unless Boost is accepting C++11 libraries at this time.