Subject: Re: [boost] [any] new version
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-06 14:52:06

On 6 September 2011 12:41, Thomas Klimpel <Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> But I'm curious. Did you actually read this in the standard yourself (and now just have problems to find the paragraphs again), or did you pick up this information indirectly (for example by browsing clang, gcc or msvc related information like bug reports or mailing lists)?

GCC 4.5 man pages: " -fno-threadsafe-statics Do not emit the extra
code to use the routines specified in the C++ ABI for thread-safe
initialization of local statics. You can use this option to reduce
code size slightly in code that doesn't need to be thread-safe."

C++11 6.7p4 Declaration statement (talking about block-scope variables
with static storage duration)t: "If control enters the declaration
concurrently while the variable is being initialized, the concurrent
execution shall wait for
completion of the initialization."

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404