Subject: Re: [boost] [timer] Boost Timer Library Version 2
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-28 07:29:16

Le 28/09/11 13:12, Stewart, Robert a écrit :
> Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>> Le 27/09/11 17:42, Stewart, Robert a écrit :
>>
>>> CPU Timers page: - There's no information on thread safety.
>> I guess that the functions are not thread-safe, as it is the
>> case of Boost.Stopwatch. As far as the timers/stopwatches are
>> stored on the stack there is no problem. The problem appears
>> when the user shares these timers/stopwatches between several
>> threads.
> Sure, I think that's probably right. I was just pointing out that there's no documentation regarding thread safety.
OK. I just wanted to be sure you were not requesting the library to
ensure these functions were thread-safe.

>>> - There's no information on Boost.Timers overhead relative
>>> to timing the target code.
>>>
>> Are you asking for the overhead of the time computations or
>> the reporting?
> The former.

I will add some performance tests in Boost.Chrono to measure the time
spent by the now functions and the difference between two time_points
for each one of the clocks, so we can be fixed.

Best,
Vicente