Subject: [boost] [Interprocess] an XSI message queue
From: Matthieu Dorier (matthieu.dorier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-03 10:45:10

Hello,

I recently had to work with XSI shared memory objects using Boost,
and I noticed that their is no implementation of the message_queue
class on top of XSI shared memory objects.

So I have created a new file xsi_message_queue.hpp (attached)
defining this type of message queue. It is mostly based on the structures
and classes defined in message_queue.hpp (in particular the messages,
message headers, etc. and the mutex mechanism used in message_queue).

It works fine in my project, but should certainly be more extensively tested
if you
want to integrate it in a future release.

I noticed that contrary to other structures of the Interprocess library,
message_queue
is not very generic: you cannot simply change a template argument to make
it work properly with XSI or Windows shared memory objects. Maybe a good
step forward to improve it would be to make it more generic.

--
Matthieu Dorier
ENS Cachan, antenne de Bretagne