Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 14:26:00

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> It is. But as you've seen over the years, it causes an unworkable
> amount of upset and alarm when large numbers of failures appear on
> the trunk all at once, and people who would otherwise be dealing with
> release issues now have trunk issues to worry about.

That's why I always advocated independent library development. Until I make some
kind of "release" of Boost.Test I would prefer only my own unit tests to run in
a trunk version

> > Sometimes I do break trunk due to missed commit or compiler
> > differences, but these quickly resolved. I need some way to make sure
> > my changes are working.
>
> But that can't have been the case here, can it? Surely if you'd run the
> whole boost regression suite on your local machine before and after your
> changes, you'd have seen the differences, no?

No, I can't. I have limited time I can spend working on boost development. I
cannot wait hours for full regression test to finish even once, not mention
twice. I expect regression test system to deal with this. I resolving issues
once I observe them online. I do run my own regression tests and they pass.

Gennadiy