Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-04 18:09:36

Eric Niebler <eric <at> boostpro.com> writes:

> I wasn't aware there was a problem with Boost.Build on trunk. What are
> you referring to? Link pls.

Just go into boost/lib/test/test directory and try to run test on windows:

Off the top of my head I've seen:

install rule not found
boost home directory is missing
gcc is not found
ar is not found
link is not found

I introduced some hacks to be able to run, but this is really inconvenient,
since I can't check them in.

> I think there is. All of my tests that use Boost.Test are crashing at
> runtime with any version of gcc. I don't use any deprecated Boost.Test

Hmm. It worked for me with latest cygwin's gcc. Can you see where it fails?
Otherwise I'll try to figure it out tonight.

> interfaces, AFAIK. And my tests also fail to compile with msvc 9 and 8

Ah, right. Did not have a time to fix double ref last night, but this should be
simple.

If I can't figure out crashes I'll revert changes.

Gennadiy