Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 04:34:39

>> > This one was deprecated as well long time ago. I can put it back, but
>> > it's
>> > empty. I'll reinstate it for now.
>>
>> Assuming that it really is empty, I removed those includes from
>> Boost.Math,
>> but now get:
>
> Most of these issues are due to this test modules using 5+ years
> deprecated
> interfaces, which I'd like to remove now. Since you never bothered to
> switch to
> updated interfaces, they came up now.

I understand the desire to grandfather/remove deprecated interfaces.

However,

1) We're not all following Boost.Test development, just trying our best to
maintain old stuff. I suspect like most Boosters I have no idea what is and
isn't deprecated, and I certainly don't want to have to spend time rewriting
old tests to a new interface.
2) It would have taken you 20 seconds max to do a grep to discover if any of
these old interfaces were still in use.
3) I'll just point out that you won't see *any* online regression test
results if you break the bjam build.

John.