Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-05 04:50:16

>> It also interferes with those of us who use trunk health to know when
>> it's safe to merge fixes to the release branch. We're basically flying
>> blind right now.
>
> Do you have any particular library in mind?
>
>> I'd like to second the call to revert these changes.
>
> And while we at it, let's revert all the changes to Boost.Build, so I can
> run my
> own regression test against trunk version of it.
>
> I already reverted test_exec_monitor for now. I can reinstate other
> deprecated
> interfaces, but let's see if there is actually a problem (aside
> boost.math).

Gennadiy, I really think you need to be more pro-active in tracking down
possible breakages, I used Boost.Math as an example because I have stalled
changes right now that I need to complete testing. But 10 seconds with grep
shows me that:

BOOST_MESSAGE is used 189 times in several libraries.
unit_test_framework is used in 48 files.

I'm sure there's more.... but I must go off and do something productive now,

John.