Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-06 14:50:35

Hi Gennadiy,

On Oct 4, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco <at> sandia.gov> writes:
>
>> Sorry if I wasn't clear. Boost.Test in trunk was not green
>> for several Sandia testers on Darwin and perhaps other
>> platforms but I can't recall them all at the moment. But
>> I've been most concerned about Boost.Test on Darwin
>
> Unfortunately I do not have an access to this platform, but I'll be happy to
> work with someone who has issues.

<small rant>
I have very limited time to debug code for Boost. Frankly what little time I have I'd rather be working on library submissions to Boost. I'd hoped that providing access to a broad range of Boost testers would permit Boost developers to figure out most problems without me, by and large that seems to be working pretty well. </small rant>

Attached is a stack trace from one of the failing tests. From what I can tell, there's one serious problem that impacts all the failing Boost.Test tests as they all seem to fail with the same seg. fault. From my perspective it looks like stack corruption (not alignment issues as that would trigger a bus error). Perhaps conditional compilation specific to Darwin Intel is mismatched between header and source? Another idea, what's different about the seven Boost.Test results that pass for Darwin Intel from the rest of those that fail?

-- Noel