Subject: [boost] [1.46.0] Compilation Issues
From: ranganaths (ranganath.s_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-08 02:04:02

Hello,

               I am new to this forum. I am using the Boost Library in my
open source application and I am facing lot of compilation issues when
trying to compile on MSVC 6.0, but the same works well in Cygwin. Most of
the compilation errors are based on the redefinition. The errors is as below

error C2371: 'XXX' : redefinition; different basic types

                Pls let me know how to overcome the same. All the
redefinitions are the clashes with that of the MSVC compiler includes.

Eg:

Boost has definition for 'round_toward_zero' in

e:\Application \boost\detail\limits.hpp(58) : see declaration of
'round_indeterminate'

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\limits(28) : error
C2371: 'round_toward_zero' : redefinition; different basic types

Regards,

Ranganath