Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.0] Compilation Issues
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-08 05:12:58

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 11:34:02AM +0530, ranganaths wrote:
> Hello,
> trying to compile on MSVC 6.0, but the same works well in Cygwin. Most of

> Pls let me know how to overcome the same. All the
> redefinitions are the clashes with that of the MSVC compiler includes.

VC6 is a pre-standard compiler. As such, it has lots of quirks and
templates are pretty much unusable on it.

I strongly recommend either upgrading the compiler (there's free Express
editions and reasonably cheap business and academic versions through
BizSpark and DreamSpark), or using older Boost versions who accidentally
care more about legacy toolchains.

Strong words, but it's not feasible maintaining workarounds for legacy
toolchains, not to mention actively fixing things for them.

There's a huge thread on what to do with dysfunctional toolchains a few
months ago. It's an amusing read.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]