Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in StaticVector - fixed capacity vector
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-15 19:56:08

On 15 October 2011 18:24, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> For starters, any use of [std|boost]::array<T> where T is not default
> constructible and I do not wish to make it so just so I can use it
> in an array.

So, you desperately want to optimize away an "if" check, but a copy
operation on a typical class that cannot be default constructed is
a-okay?

It's not like anyone has even bothered to ask for emplace_back, which
would seem to me to be a far more important optimization opportunity
if this were indeed a real-world use case...

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404