Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in StaticVector - fixed capacity vector
From: Nathan Ridge (zeratul976_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-15 20:03:17

> So, you desperately want to optimize away an "if" check, but a copy
> operation on a typical class that cannot be default constructed is
> a-okay?
>
> It's not like anyone has even bothered to ask for emplace_back, which
> would seem to me to be a far more important optimization opportunity
> if this were indeed a real-world use case...

Admittedly, I am in C++11-world and for this use case I was thinking of
the move version of push_back(), or emplace_back() (yes, we do want
these, and the fact that we haven't asked for them in this thread is simply
because the recent discussion has been on a topic orthogonal to this,
not because we don't want them).

Regards,
Nate