Subject: [boost] Fwd: Re: [Boost-announce] [Review] Boost.Atomic review starts today, October 17th 2011
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-21 04:00:08

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Re: [Boost-announce] [boost] [Review] Boost.Atomic review starts
today, October 17th 2011
Date: Friday 21 October 2011, 10:20:42
From: Darren Cook <snip>
CC: Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]>

> Boost.Atomic ... implements the
> interface as defined by the C++11 standard, but makes this feature available
> for platforms lacking system/compiler support for this particular C++11
> feature.

Hello, (I wanted to cc Helge Bahmann but couldn't find an email address)
As the library is a stand-in until compilers catch-up, I think it would
be useful to have a page in the documentation that shows the minimum
compiler versions where it is no longer needed, for at least the major
compilers.

(I skimmed the docs but couldn't see this covered.)

Darren

P.S. No need to reply, and sorry I won't be able to take part in the
review. (I'm also not on boost-devel list currently.)