Subject: [boost] [gil][io_new] Image Reading and Writing Iterator
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-23 19:30:16

Hi there, one of the requirements for the acceptance of io_new as the
new io extension for gil is the ability to read and write images in
more then one step. For that the current state of an operation has to
be cached. I have created some meta functions that give access to
io_new's reader and writer classes. Right now, it still is very
preliminary. I would like to ask the community how I could create an
read_iterator and write_iterator classes which users could use to
iterate over very large images.

I know there are some specific iterator libs in boost but I'm just
clueless in how to use let alone be able to come up with an
implementation that will be released by boost.

Any help would be very welcome!

Thanks,
Christian