Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48] Release notes
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-24 13:30:19
Hopefully I'm still on time. Below the release notes on Boost.Geometry
On 23-10-2011 22:54, Daniel James wrote:
> Alternatively, you can just email me your changes and I'll make them.
* Robustness issue, in some circumstances the union failed to output. Fixed.
* Robustness issue, in some circumstances the calculated intersection
point was outside the segment. Fixed.
* Concept issue, cartesian intersect didn't understand segments other
than the provided one. Fixed.
* Sometimes self-intersections in linestrings were missed. Fixed.
* The fusion coordinate system was not registered correctly. Fixed.
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5726 (Segment intersection
algorithm still assumes 'first', 'second' members)
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5744 (mistake fusion adapt
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5748 (need include
* https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5954 (distance_pythagoras
skips sqrt() step)
Improvements on algorithms:
* Checking self-intersections is now not done automatically, this can
* Besides that, checking self-intersections is made faster.
* Intersections now avoid outputting duplicate points. So they output
the minimal set.
* covered_by: within is defined as "within, not on boundary". covered_by
is "within or on boundary"
* within: strategies can now be specified for within<point, box> and
* convert: a much broader range of conversions is supported
* assign: idem, (currently partly) synonym for convert (but reversed
Additional coordinate types:
* Basic support for Boost.Rational
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk