Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Build is broken?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-07 13:08:13

Steven Watanabe <watanabesj <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/07/2011 02:52 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > ..\..\..\libs\test\build\Jamfile.v2:110: in modules.load
> > rule boost-install unknown in module Jamfile</.../trunk/libs/test/build>.
>
> This error is specific to Boost.Test, and
> only occurs when you run bjam in the Boost.Test
> subdirectories.

How come. What so specific about my Jamfiles?

> I have a fix, but I need
> to make sure that it doesn't break anything
> else before I commit it, since it changes
> the loading of Jamfiles.

DO you mean changes in Boost.Build?

> I don't think there's much in the way of testing
> on Cygwin now. It should be easy to add the
> name g++-4 into the mix that Boost.Build searches for.

Name g++ exists in a path. It's just a cygwin symlink. it needs to be made
aaware about correct name to use instead (depending on which version of gcc is
installed.

Interestingly it does not work even if I start bjam from cygwin's bash shell
(Usually I use shell in Far Manager, which is essentially a Windows shell)

> > gcc.archive
> > ..\..\..\libs\test\build\bin\gcc-4.5.3\
> > debug\link-static\libboost_unit_test_framework.a
> >
> > "/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ar.exe" rc .... # list of object files here
> > "/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ranlib.exe" ... # lib here
> >
> > The system cannot find the path specified.
> > The system cannot find the path specified.
> >

> Do these two executables exist?

They do, but the same way as with g++ they are symbolic links.

Gennadiy