Subject: [boost] Review of Local Exits
From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-19 15:59:08

This is not a full review of the proposed Boost.Local library, I've
reviewed only Local Exits and a potential merge with Boost.ScopeExit.

I vote NOT to merge Local Exits with Boost.ScopeExit for the following
reasons:

  - Local Exits feature gives two different interfaces ("variadic" and
    "sequencing"). In my opinion, it should only document C++0X
    interface and have a section called something like "What if I don't
    have a C++0X compliant compiler?" where it will explain an
    alternative interface for a transitional period.
    Some compilers already support enough C++0X features to let you
    develop a "perfect" interface.
  - Binding of variables should be modeled after lambda captures. This
    means no this_ and no void. I really like void and I'd added it if
    Lorenzo came up with the idea at the time when Boost.ScopeExit was
    still in development.
  - For the same reason, const bind& and bind& should be removed from
    the interface.

Regards,
Alex