Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Local] Review
From: Brent Spillner (spillner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-19 15:39:42

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:59:26 lorcaminiti wrote:
>> "the object this can be bound (eventually by constant value" - I don't
>> understand "eventually".
>
> It means that you can either "bind this" or "const bind this" (the
> second binds the object as constant within the local functions even if
> the object is non-const in the enclosing member function). I will make
> this text more clear.

The issue (both places) is the word "eventually." This is a false
cognate with Spanish, Dutch, and probably other languages; in English,
"eventually" means only "shall happen at some time in the future." In
the rewrite, you probably want to use "optionally" or "possibly"
instead.

>> * Acknowledgments
>>
>> The title is spelt wrong (should be Acknowledgements)
>
> OK.

Actually, "Acknowledgments" is the traditionally correct spelling.
There are some dictionaries that accept "Acknowledgement," but this
reads as faddish and less literate. A similar word is "judgment"---
both are frequently misspelled even by native speakers.

Isn't English fun?