Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-23 06:21:34

On 11/23/2011 5:53 PM, Lorenzo Caminiti wrote:
>> we should do is push the C++ compiler writers to give us library writers
>> > more power to address the problems such as the often cited deluge of
>> > undecipherable error messages. TMP libraries are ubiquitous in modern C++.
>> > Avoiding them because of the problem of error messages is backwards thinking.
>> > What we should do instead is to find better solutions, not hide the problems.
>> >
>> > This is Boost!

> How is a library like Boost.Algorithm pushing the limit? It's a very

How did you arrive at that? I said:

"what we should do is push the C++ compiler writers to give us library
writers more power to address the problems such as the often cited
deluge of undecipherable error messages."

Please read that again. You've mixed that with what I said earlier:

"Keep in mind that Boost has been at the forefront of C++ library
development. It is because of these libraries that push the limits
of C++ that we see the advancement in C++ that we enjoy now in C++11."

I never said that all libraries in Boost push the limits of C++.
All the rest of your reply is irrelevant.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com