Subject: Re: [boost] Library categories
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-23 13:02:56

Le 23/11/11 14:50, Sebastian Redl a écrit :
> On 22.11.2011 23:18, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have committed the proposed changes as suggested in
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/libraries.htm
>>
>> Please, let me know if there is something wrong with the new categories.
> What's the difference between "Containers" and "Data Structures"?

These categories were already there. Maybe data structures is too large.
When I extract the ones that are already in Container the list is
reduced to:

any - Safe, generic container for single values of different value
types, from Kevlin Henney.
compressed_pair - Empty member optimization, from John Maddock, Howard
Hinnant, et al.
fusion - Library for working with tuples, including various containers,
algorithms, etc. From Joel de Guzman and Dan Marsden and Tobias Schwinger.
optional - Discriminated-union wrapper for optional values, from
Fernando Cacciola.
tribool - 3-state boolean type library, from Doug Gregor.
tuple - Ease definition of functions returning multiple values, and
more, from Jaakko Järvi.
uuid - A universally unique identifier, from Andy Tompkins.

I will move UUID to Domain Specific.
Fusion and tuple can be moved to containers.

> On a minor note, I think "Miscellaneous" should only contain libraries
> that have no other home.

Yes, I forget to do it. I will do it.

Best,
Vicente