Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-24 10:33:05

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> What are you talking about?
>
> There's *exactly* the same number of lines in a local function as
> there is with a class/namespace function. What am I missing?

I'm actually also asking myself what I'm missing. Everybody seems to claim that a namespace function provides the same functionality as a local function.

I know that I can use a "namespace functor" (i.e. a class that implements an "operator()" member function) instead of a local function. I guess I could also use Boost.Phoenix (or a similar library) to adapt a "namespace function" to provide the same functionality as a local function.

Should I understand the claim that a "namespace function" provides the same functionality as Boost.Local in this way, or is there something simpler that I'm missing?

Regards,
Thomas