Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Lorenzo Caminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-24 17:00:45

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Hartmut Kaiser
<hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Can you please clarify your statement? Which "plan" is not to succeed by
>> preventing Boost.Local from being accepted?
>
> I was referring to the 'plan' of the OP to use Boost.Local for a year or so
> and to switch to C++11 lambdas afterwards.

Thank you for the clarification.

On this point, I would expect to use the C++11 algorithms that are
part of Boost.Algorithm for the same time duration (1 year or so for
OP, probably more 3 years for me :( ) while I still have to use C++03
compilers:
all_of, any_of, none_of + the upcoming algs below:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I've implemented several of the new features of the C++11 standard library for the upcoming Boost.Algorithm library.
> I will be putting them up for comment as soon as the library review is finished.
> [ Examples: copy_if, find_if_not, iota, is_partition, partition_point, and so on ]

For example "I plan to use boost::all_of for 1 year and to switch to
std::all_of after that when my C++11 compiler becomes available".

In your opinion, is this plan a problem or not for Boost.Algorithm?

Thanks.
--Lorenzo