Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] deferral stack overfolw
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-24 17:02:11

> Hi Christophe
>
> just playing around with event deferral I have found a problem which
> leads to a stack overflow it ends in an infinite loop if I want to
> defer 2 events in the same state.
>
> see attached example it somehow similar to the problem we had earlier
> but that was fixed ...
>
> I have ran this test on MSM trunk version from yesterday.
>
> Cheers
> Richie

Hi Richard,

interesting case, I didn't think about it. It's not deferring any 2 events
but these 2 events in this order which creates the overflow.
- step 1, event3 is processed and deferred
- step 2, event4 is processed and deferred
- step3, we just processed event4, do we have a deferred event? Yes, event3,
try it again.
- step4, event3 is deferred again, do we have more? Yes, event4
etc.

I need to think more about it, this one is hard.

Cheers,
Christophe