Subject: [boost] [msm] guard behavior if guard guards the transition MSM threats event as handled is that correct?
From: Michael.Herchel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-11-24 21:52:06

Hi Christophe,

Regarding our compile-time problem in the past and therefore, the changes
Richard made:
Would it be also feasible to develop an additional backend that is derived
from the MSM one, but only implements the process_event() method for each
event and not in a generic template-based way?
With this approach we could still use MSM out-of-box and not having the
need for internal transition tables or having references from inner to
outer state machines etc but still gain small compiler units.

I understand that we will loose flexibility and creating new state
machines becomes more work, but I think we could live with that.

What is your opinion? Am I thinking too short?

Thanks,
Michael