Subject: Re: [boost] New libraries implementing C++11 features in C++03
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-24 21:53:33

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:15 AM, Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Michael and thank you for bring my attention back to your original
> reply on this topic.
>
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Dean Michael Berris
> <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> So applying my logic to the discussion on Boost.Local, I see it as
>> doing a not-so-good job of doing #1
>
> Let me understand better your point. Is this because Boost.Local
> functions cannot be declared within expressions while C++11 lambdas
> can?

Yes and a lot more. It's because Boost.Local functions aren't real
local functions and because it doesn't do anything that C++11 lambdas
don't already do.

>> while falling short in #2. If
>
> Again, let me understand your point better. Is this because
> Boost.Local functions use macros?

Not just that. It's also because it's trying to approximate something
limited as compared to what C++11 already has.

Cheers

--
Dean Michael Berris
http://goo.gl/CKCJX