Subject: Re: [boost] Local and Phoenix idiosyncrasy
From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-25 07:44:24

> Can we please put an end to this insane idiosyncrasy going on here lately?
> It doesn't lead to anywhere!

I agree, why can't people simply agree to disagree? There's apparently two
way to solve this: with TMP or without.

One camp just refuses to use TMP-heavy code because they don't want to deal
with the burden of the compiler errors. For them, Boost.Local would be
great.

The other camp think TMP-heavy code is fine, that learning how to deal with
the errors isn't that hard. For them, Boost.Local just sounds like a bad
idea (for all the reasons already mentionned).

When you put yourself in the schoes of each of the camps, they're both
"right". Please stop being so stubburn about refusing to admit people might
have different needs/requirements. C++ being so flexible means people are
free to use it however they want.

Now, I think way enough points were made in both camps for the
moderators/review manager to be able to decide something. The real question
is more like "do we want overlapping libraries?" or "do we want to support
people that dislike TMP-heavy code when it's possible to provide an
alternative?".

My 0.02$,
Philippe