Subject: Re: [boost] [stl_ext_adv] ] Interest in advanced data structures
From: Vadim Stadnik (vadimstdk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-30 08:09:23

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> how is your library related/compared to Boost.MultiIndex?

As far as I understand library multi-index provides multiple views of a
collection of data. The submitted containers and data structures can be
quite useful at implementation level for this type of applications, since
one advanced data structure efficiently supports many types of STL
sequences and associative containers.

As for applications to other Boost libraries, I think that in the current
shape the new data structures and containers can increase the performance
of Accumulators and Interval. The project includes examples demonstrating
how these containers can solve typical problems in these areas. With some
modifications of the augmented data structures may be used in other Boost
libraries.

Regards,
Vadim