Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Reducing the number of open tickets.
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-04 18:56:26

Le 03/12/11 18:23, Vicente J. Botet Escriba a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have committed the following tickets in trunk.
>
> Fixed Bugs:
>
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2639 #2639] documentation
> should be extended(defer_lock, try_to_lock, ...).
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3762 #3762] Thread can't be
> compiled with winscw (Codewarrior by Nokia).
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3885 #3885] document about
> mix usage of boost.thread and native thread api.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3975 #3975] Incorrect
> precondition for promise::set_wait_callback().
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4480 #4480] OpenVMS patches
> for compiler issues workarounds.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4819 #4819] boost.thread's
> documentation misprints.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5423 #5423] thread issues
> with C++0x.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5739 #5739]
> set-but-not-used warnings with gcc-4.6
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6168 #6168] recursive_mutex
> is using wrong config symbol (possible typo).
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6200 #6200] patch to have
> condition_variable and mutex error better handle EINTR.

More easy to solve tickets committed in trunk

* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6208 #2309] Lack of g++
symbol visibility support in Boost.Thread.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4315 #4315] gcc 4.4 Warning:
inline ... declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5859 #5859] win32
shared_mutex constructor leaks on exceptions.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6208 #6208] try_lock_wrapper
swap compiler error on clang 3.0 c++11.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6207 #6207] shared_lock swap
compiler error on clang 3.0 c++11.

Anthony, please take a look at them and merge whatever you consider is
good after the testers have the time to take them in account (not before
the 12/12/2011)

I have also closed some tickets that were invalid or duplicated:

#1826 Auto detection of threadapi and target-os broken under cygwin
gcc thread closed Bugs 5 hours
#4648 boost::lock_error Thrown While Using Upgrade Locks thread
     closed Support Requests 5 hours
#4367 Proposed fix for test_thread_move_return.cpp thread
closed Bugs 6 hours
#6130 condition_variable::timed_wait wakes up too early thread
     closed Bugs To Be Determined 9 hours
#5936 Missing prototype for pthread_mutex_timedlock causes
Oracle/SUN CC to fail on Linux thread closed Bugs To Be
Determined 14 hours
#5373 Boost Thread fails on SunStudio/OpenSolaris thread
closed Bugs To Be Determined 23 hours
#4894 segmentation fault on thread_group::join_all depending on the
machine used thread closed Support Requests To Be
Determined 23 hours
#6170 boost::move conflicts in thread upgrade mutexes (1.48.0)
thread closed Bugs To Be Determined 2 days
#5344 condition_variable.hpp warning thread closed
Patches To Be Determined 3 days
#4773 boost::this_thread::sleep(Microsecond Resolution)

Let me know if something was wrong.

I will have some difficulties finding tickets easy to resolve. The hard
work is ahead (tss, dynamic linking, race conditions, leaks, missed
error handling, move semantic, standard compliance).
Please, if there is a candidate that is interested in analyzing
difficult bugs and want to help to improve Boost.Thread, The
Boost.Thread library and her users will be grateful.

69 Bugs (1 with patch)
17 Feature requests (1 with patch)
3 support requests
1 task