Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Reducing the number of open tickets.
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-10 07:07:50

Le 05/12/11 00:56, Vicente J. Botet Escriba a écrit :
> Le 03/12/11 18:23, Vicente J. Botet Escriba a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have committed the following tickets in trunk.
>>
>> Fixed Bugs:
>>
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2639 #2639] documentation
>> should be extended(defer_lock, try_to_lock, ...).
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3762 #3762] Thread can't
>> be compiled with winscw (Codewarrior by Nokia).
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3885 #3885] document about
>> mix usage of boost.thread and native thread api.
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3975 #3975] Incorrect
>> precondition for promise::set_wait_callback().
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4480 #4480] OpenVMS
>> patches for compiler issues workarounds.
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4819 #4819] boost.thread's
>> documentation misprints.
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5423 #5423] thread issues
>> with C++0x.
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5739 #5739]
>> set-but-not-used warnings with gcc-4.6
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6168 #6168]
>> recursive_mutex is using wrong config symbol (possible typo).
>> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6200 #6200] patch to have
>> condition_variable and mutex error better handle EINTR.
> More easy to solve tickets committed in trunk
>
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6208 #2309] Lack of g++
> symbol visibility support in Boost.Thread.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4315 #4315] gcc 4.4
> Warning: inline ... declared as dllimport: attribute ignored.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5859 #5859] win32
> shared_mutex constructor leaks on exceptions.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6208 #6208]
> try_lock_wrapper swap compiler error on clang 3.0 c++11.
> * [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6207 #6207] shared_lock
> swap compiler error on clang 3.0 c++11.
More, some of them where updated already last week but I forget them in
the previous list.

* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3639 #3639] Boost.Thread
doesn't build with Sun-5.9 on Linux.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4048 #4048] thread::id
formatting involves locale
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5617 #5617] boost::thread::id
copy ctor.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5826 #5826] threads.cpp:
resource leak on threads creation failure.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5839 #5839] thread.cpp:
ThreadProxy leaks on exceptions.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6100 #6100] Compute
hardware_concurrency() using get_nprocs() on GLIBC systems.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6175 #6175] Compile error
with SunStudio.

> Anthony, please take a look at them and merge whatever you consider is
> good after the testers have the time to take them in account (not
> before the 12/12/2011)
>
> I have also closed some tickets that were invalid or duplicated:
>
> #1826 Auto detection of threadapi and target-os broken under
> cygwin gcc thread closed Bugs 5 hours
> #4648 boost::lock_error Thrown While Using Upgrade Locks
> thread closed Support Requests 5 hours
> #4367 Proposed fix for test_thread_move_return.cpp thread
> closed Bugs 6 hours
> #6130 condition_variable::timed_wait wakes up too early thread
> closed Bugs To Be Determined 9 hours
> #5936 Missing prototype for pthread_mutex_timedlock causes
> Oracle/SUN CC to fail on Linux thread closed Bugs To
> Be Determined 14 hours
> #5373 Boost Thread fails on SunStudio/OpenSolaris thread
> closed Bugs To Be Determined 23 hours
> #4894 segmentation fault on thread_group::join_all depending on
> the machine used thread closed Support Requests To Be
> Determined 23 hours
> #6170 boost::move conflicts in thread upgrade mutexes (1.48.0)
> thread closed Bugs To Be Determined 2 days
> #5344 condition_variable.hpp warning thread closed
> Patches To Be Determined 3 days
> #4773 boost::this_thread::sleep(Microsecond Resolution)
More closed tickets either duplicate, invalid or already committed
previously.
#5727 <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5727> race condition
between ~basic_condition_variable() and notify_all()
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5727>
#5699 <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5699>
boost::thread_specific_ptr will reuse a value if allocated with the same
this pointer <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5699>
#4849 <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4849> MinGW-64:
detail/interlocked.hpp chooses wrong prototypes for
InterlockedCompareExchange et al
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4849>
#5150 <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5150> boost::thread does
not print or return the error value when creating a thread fails.
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5150>

Should these duplicated or invalid closed tickets appear in the change list?
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/timeline?from=2011-12-06T19%3A11%3A16-05%3A00&precision=second>

> 69 Bugs (1 with patch)
> 17 Feature requests (1 with patch)
> 3 support requests
> 1 task
> 90 TOTAL
52 Bugs (1 with patch)
16 Feature requests
13 support requests
10 task
91 TOTAL
+
22 to be merged and closed

As you see the total number of tickets is not decreasing yet, there were
some news since. However, I moved some to Support request when I
believed that there weren't bugs and the resolution needed to be
clarified. I expect most of them will be closed on a week.

Hoping I'm not introducing regressions ;-)

Best,
Vicente