Subject: Re: [boost] Is there any interest in a library which solves C++ class reflection feature just like Java does?
From: jinhua luo (ljh.home.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-07 11:07:50

2011/12/7 Matus Chochlik <chochlik_at_[hidden]>

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 4:03 PM, jinhua luo <ljh.home.king_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Another quick question:
> > Could you show how to invoke one specific method (can be any prototype)
> of
> > the reflected class?
>
> This is not yet implemented in the run-time layer but basically
> it will follow the way constructors are called (since constructors are
> functions too).
>
> Generally when you want to construct an instance of a class which may
> have several different constructors (there is a parallel with function
> overloads),
> some of which may require parameters,
> you need to supply the data for the construction in some form.

ok, my reflection also supports overloaded methods or constructors, and the
invoke will choose the one which matches the types of input parameters.

> Currently supported are XML, JSON, a C++-like script, relational database,
> and a wxWidgets-based GUI but the basic mechanism is extensible
> and is completely independent from the reflected classes.
>

> As mentioned, I'm working on SQL mapping (like MyBatis) project based on
my reflection. And in fact, it also supports XML, JSON mapping regarding
the same reflection functionality.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your complete example. Then we could have
more actual comparision.

BR
JinHua