Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for a Differential Evolution C++ library
From: Philip Bennefall (philip_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-09 19:35:19

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Michel" <adrian_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 6:03 PM

Hello everybody,

Would there be interest in a C++ Differential Evolution optimization (DE)
library as part of boost? The library is functional but hasn't been made
public yet.

The full documentation is at http://www.amichel.com/de/doc/html but I'd
suggest these pages for a first read
http://www.amichel.com/de/doc/html/dd/d53/overview.html and
http://www.amichel.com/de/doc/html/db/d4e/tutorial.html .

The zip containing the DE C++ library and helper files is at
http://www.amichel.com/de/de.zip.

The DE main page is at http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~storn/code.html .

Thanks,

Adrian Michel

Hello,

I took a peak at the overview and some of the other pages and from what I
can see initially, it looks like a very useful library for artificial
intelligence. I have very limited knowledge in the field but this is
something that grabs my interest, so if it's made public I'll definitely use
it for future projects that would benefit from it. Of course whether it is
suitable for Boost is for others to determine.

Philip Bennefall