Subject: Re: [boost] A demonstration of why horrendous error messages can destroy usability
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-11 10:37:58

On 11 December 2011 15:27, Olaf van der Spek <ml_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Gregory Crosswhite
> <gcrosswhite_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hmm, I actually did (I just checked my sent box to confirm this), but somehow it got dropped.  I'll try attaching it a text file at the end rather than a ZIP file this time.
>
> Mailing lists don't like attachments.
> Try pastebin or so.

We generally prefer attachments to pastebin because they will be
archived better. I've never had any trouble with them. Gregory, it
looks like you're using Apple Mail to send them. It might be that the
list software doesn't like the way Mail handles attachments (it does
an odd inline thing), you might have more luck with gmail's web
interface.