Subject: [boost] LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.lib'
From: ankit master (ankit.master_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-19 13:30:55

Hello,

I am a newbie in the world of testing and using boost. I went through some
of
the previous discussion on this topic with no luck at trouble shooting my
current issue.

I am using visual c+ 2008 express edition, I tried installing boost using
boostpro . I right click on project, and under c++ -> general ->
additional
dir; have added the following path.
C:\Program Files (x86)\boost\boost_1_47

Now, when I try to run boost example I get the following error , No matter
what
I do I just cannot get rid of this error any help is greatly appreciated .

1>------ Build started: Project: UnitTestPrac1, Configuration: Debug Win32
-----
-
1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_unit_test_framework-
vc90-mt-gd-1_47.lib'
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Users\amaster\Desktop\AVM_Documents\CppPractise\UnitTestPrac1\UnitTes
tPrac1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>UnitTestPrac1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

// Following is my example

#define BOOST_TEST_MODULE MyTest
#include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>

BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(MyTestCase)
{
// To simplify this example test, let's suppose we'll test 'float'.
 // Some test are stupid, but all should pass.
float x = 9.5f;

BOOST_CHECK(x != 0.0f);
 BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL((int)x, 9);
BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE(x, 9.5f, 0.0001f); // Checks differ no more then
0.0001%
}

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,