Subject: Re: [boost] LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-gd-1_47.lib'
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-20 04:00:09

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM, ankit master <ankit.master_at_[hidden]>wrote:
[...]

> 1>------ Build started: Project: UnitTestPrac1, Configuration: Debug Win32
> -----
> -
> 1>Linking...
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_unit_test_framework-
> vc90-mt-gd-1_47.lib'
> 1>Build log was saved at
>
> "file://c:\Users\amaster\Desktop\AVM_Documents\CppPractise\UnitTestPrac1\UnitTes
> tPrac1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> 1>UnitTestPrac1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

[...]

In addition to adding the boost root directory to your C++ include path,
you also need to add it to your linker path (and, based on the above, it
*looks* like you haven't).

See if adding the appropriate boost directory where the libs reside to the
linker path helps. Also check to ensure that the above static library is
actually in said path.

Otherwise, I'm pretty bad at diagnosing linking problems :/

HTH,

- Jeff