Subject: Re: [boost] [string_algo] New Maintainer
From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-25 03:46:21

Hello,

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:40:26 +0100, Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> On Dec 18, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Pavol Droba wrote:
>>>
>>> Now, I don't really know if there is an official process for this kind
>>> of shift.
>>> I would be nice if potential volunteers would send a few words about
>>> the future
>>> direction they would take. A community can make a decision then.
>>

>> Well, I haven't thought much about future directions, but it seems to
>> me that the string algorithms
>> would find a nice home in the Boost.Algorithm library (assuming it gets
>> approved).
>>
>> In that case, I would be happy to take over maintenance.
>>

> Personally I consider this to be quite an interesting idea regardless of
> who will
> be maintainer.
> Unified Algorithm library was an idea that predates the StringAlgo
> library itself.
>
> I'm definitely not against.

It seems that all that might be interested have already spoken. Base on
this
rather small interest, I think that it might be best to go the way that
you have proposed.

I like the idea of possible integration with Boost.Algorihtm, the bigger
library might
take better attention.

So from this point, you have my blessings.

Anyway if there is anybody with a better idea, feel free to express it.

Best Regards,
Pavol.