Subject: Re: [boost] [string_algo] New Maintainer
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-26 12:06:40

On Dec 25, 2011, at 12:46 AM, Pavol Droba wrote:

> Hello,

>>> Well, I haven't thought much about future directions, but it seems to me that the string algorithms
>>> would find a nice home in the Boost.Algorithm library (assuming it gets approved).
>>>
>>> In that case, I would be happy to take over maintenance.
>>>

>> Personally I consider this to be quite an interesting idea regardless of who will
>> be maintainer.
>> Unified Algorithm library was an idea that predates the StringAlgo library itself.
>>
>> I'm definitely not against.
>>

> It seems that all that might be interested have already spoken. Base on this
> rather small interest, I think that it might be best to go the way that you have proposed.
>
> I like the idea of possible integration with Boost.Algorihtm, the bigger library might
> take better attention.
>
> So from this point, you have my blessings.

Thank you!

And in my first official act as the Boost.StringAlgo maintainer, I would like to announce …. that there will be no major changes for 1.49 ;-)

I'll be looking at the tickets later this week.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki