Subject: [boost] Is there any interest in a Group of library like to Application System!
From: Renato Tegon Forti (re.tf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-04 05:42:55

I am proposing before a Log library in model of Log4cxx, but my plan is
provide a full application system that will have:

* Log System (Log4cxx Model)

* Application System (Windows Service, Unix Daemon and Usual Application)

-> Process Management (I don't know?)

* Plugin System (service model): dynamically late bind extension. This

will provide modular functionality that can be loaded in applications. For
sample a service that can be loaded in application container, or a skin
loaded in Client (MP3) Application.

To illustrate: A developer that need create a server application will do:

1) Extend for "boost::application::server" and in this it use boost::log.
(here if app is a Win32 then it have a Windows Service, or a daemon in unix)

2) To create service (modular application) he extend of "boost::service" to
create a service and plug this service in runtime on
"boost::application::server".

Note that:

Application can be configured using Boost.Program_options for sample.

We can use Boost.Log to log, or (I don't know) we can buid Log4 model on top
of Boost.Log?

What Boosters think?

Boosters think that "this kind of lib" is very specific, and violate: "The
library must be generally useful and not restricted to a narrow problem
domain." or this kind of system is relevant to boost.

Please let me know the correct way to follows!

Anyone that want participate is welcome!

Ps: Ps: We already have some discussion in "Log Lib" topic!

Thanks