Subject: [boost] compile time parser generator
From: Martin Bidlingmaier (Martin.Bidlingmaier_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-06 18:33:35

Hello,

with c++11's constexpr it got possible to parse strings in c++ at compile time. I've written a parser generator to create an AST for a given EBNF syntax at compile time, which can be traversed at both run time and compile time (actually, parsing can take place at run time, too, but it's probably rather slow). At the moment, the only compiler I know of that implements enough of c++11 features is gcc (version >= 4.6). Is refining my implementation worth the effort, has such a library a chance to make it into boost? Is maybe somebody already working on this?

Sincerely,

Martin Bidlingmaier