Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Poly] Runtime Concepts
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-07 09:53:03

Le 07/01/12 12:30, Thomas Jordan a écrit :
> Hi,
> Forgive me if this post strays into territory beyond Boost, but I was looking at the Adobe library http://stlab.adobe.com/group__poly__related.html and some of the research papers by Sean Parent et al. describing it, which I guess many people on this list will be familiar with.
> Is there any reason why this library/something akin has not been put into Boost?
I guess is because nobody has made a proposal.
> Is it simply that it will always live in Adobe Source Libraries and there is no point duplicating in Boost?
I don't know if the Adobe license (MIT) is compatible with Boost
license. The first thing to do is to resolve the license issue.
Boost.GIL comes from Adobe, so I think that this could be possible. Once
the Adobe code is delivered with on a Boost compatible license, anyone
can duplicate it and make a proposal for Boost.

HTH,
Vicente