Subject: Re: [boost] Request for Interest in several Modules
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-10 11:12:36

Hi,

> I have several modules/libraries I developed and released under Boost
> License.
>
> - CppDB Sql Connectivity
> - Stack Trace
> - Shared Object Loading
> - Nowide UTF-8 friendly standard C/C++ library API.

Yes, all of those would be interesting. I am especially interested in
the DB connectivity and the shared objects. The UTF-8 friendly standard
library is also very interesting and the stack trace could be useful for
debugging in some situations.

For the DB connectivity I wondered, why your result objects don't
provide the input iterator interface, but next() and fetch() instead. I
guess, there is a good reason, but I'd like to know it.

I already had a look into your cppcms a while ago, which I mostly
liked. Sadly I did not really get around to try and write an application
with it. The biggest drawback for me is the use of "booster" instead of
boost. I know that there might me situations where a stable ABI is
important, but for me it is not. So I'd prefer to simply use boost
there. Do you think, there might be a compile time option to chose
either?

Christof

--
okunah gmbh                                  Software nach Maß
Werner-Haas-Str. 8                               www.okunah.de