Subject: Re: [boost] Request for Interest in several Modules
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-11 06:09:46

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:30, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Why not? std::string is convertable from char const * also "creating
> string"
> price is quite negligible in comparison to loading library...

I agree but lot of libraries that take such inputs uses const char * to
avoid forcing to use std::string, as some plateform implement it in a non
efficient way (I'm thinking embedded),
so I was asking to know if there is a particular reason.
I personally don't mind, I also don't know if it's a important thing for
boost, but it might be if you try to standardize it one day I guess.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:50, Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> The fourth I don't know about. Can't Boost.FileSystem do all that?

Boost.FileSystem is about the file system only, not about all the OS
services.

Joël Lamotte