Subject: Re: [boost] Request for Interest in several Modules
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-11 07:29:56

On 01/10/2012 04:11 PM, Artyom Beilis wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have several modules/libraries I developed and released under Boost License.
>
> - CppDB Sql Connectivity

Taking an example from your documentation:

cppdb::statement <http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/sql/cppdb/classcppdb_1_1statement.html> st=sql.prepare("DELETE FROM users WHERE age<? AND role<>?");
st.bind <http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/sql/cppdb/classcppdb_1_1statement.html#add4e469140ddd77aadc5d6c8cfb8ba11>(1,13);
st.bind <http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/sql/cppdb/classcppdb_1_1statement.html#add4e469140ddd77aadc5d6c8cfb8ba11>(2,"moderator");

In our company we have combination of code generator and template
library which allows to do the following

TabUsers tab;
tab.remove(tab.age<13 and role!="moderator");

The compiler can then ensure correct names for tables and columns,
typesafety and correct syntax. This makes database programming much
easier because there is much less room for stupid mistakes.

It really is an enormous difference, but it requires a code generator
and I am not sure if that would be acceptable for boost. If yes: I would
really love to see a such a concept being used on top of a library like
yours.

Regards,

Roland