Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for some "real world" extended precision integer arithmetic tests
From: Andrii Sydorchuk (sydorchuk.andriy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-25 15:39:00

> BTW does your code work with mpz_class? If so it should be expression
> template safe already....

 Yes, it was working before I did major refactoring of the code. At that
point I wasn't using template parametrized structures to do conversion from
integer types to floating point types.

2) foo(static_cast<number_type>(**a+b));

3) foo<number_type>(a+b);

 I was thinking of those approaches. It makes sense to change my code
appropriately as it will also enable usage of mpz_class as you noticed
above. As a separate benchmark it would be good to have
time comparison of fixed_int code working with and without expression
template type.

Will post benchmark results a bit later.

Thanks,
Andrii