Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for some "real world" extended precision integer arithmetic tests
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-25 16:38:21

> I was thinking of those approaches. It makes sense to change my code
>appropriately as it will also enable usage of mpz_class as you noticed
>above. As a separate benchmark it would be good to have
>time comparison of fixed_int code working with and without expression
>template type.

I'm a little confused why we need expression templates for fixed int. Does the fixed int dynamically allocate? If not, what do the expression templates accomplish? For stack allocation of fixed int values I wouldn't expect reuse of memory to be much of a performance win. Can you clarify for me, John?

Thanks,
Luke